Fiesta Mexicana Parade presented by Mega Foods
Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 11am.
Staging for the parade will occur at the Woodburn Aquatic Center (190 Oak Street). All participants must be at the Aquatic Center by 9:30 AM in order to participate in the parade.
Parade Application: Available soon
Parade Rules & Regulations:
In order to ensure the safety of parade participants and the public, please observe the following regulations:
- Parade officials will inspect all entries and reserve the right to disallow any entry that is in violation of these rules.
- Every entry must be appropriately decorated in order to be considered for approval.
- Parade entries or other items may not be advertised for sale during the parade.
- Exercise extreme caution when handing out candy. Small children may dart out and pick up such items creating a dangerous situation.
- Do not disrupt the spacing of parade entries. It is much more enjoyable when large gaps between entrants do not exist.
- Automobile entries must be antique or have collectors value, as determined by parade officials.
- Automobile entries are not permitted to operate their vehicle in a careless or reckless manner. This includes doing burnouts or squealing the tires. Honking horns is not permitted. Violators will be immediately removed from the parade, and possibly issued citations under the Oregon Revised Statutes.
- All vehicles must be insured to the State of Oregon minimum requirements. Will be checked by WPD.
- All vehicle operators must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License. Will be checked by WPD.
- All entries must indicate if they have music at time of registration, sound amplifying systems shall maintain a volume that will not interfere with other entries. Amplified sound MUST be approved prior to parade commencing.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any time during Fiesta activities.
- For safety reasons, all chairs and living things on a moving entry must be secured. No one is allowed to ride on a running board, hood, roof or vehicle fender.
- No firearms shall be fired, and no open flames allowed.
- Entries with animals must maintain control of them at all times.
- All equestrian participants must have an individual(s) who will collect any animal waste for their entry. A clean-up fee will be assessed if you do not provide an individual(s) for your entry.
- Violators of parade rules & regulations will be subject to removal from the parade.
Find the best areas to watch the parade by viewing the parade route map here.
Fiesta Parade Grand Marshals:
Check back soon for Grand Marshal announcement.
Interested in helping with parade planning? Please call 503-982-5388 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.