City of Woodburn FAQ

Have a question and do not see it listed below. Contact the City and submit your question to

Question Answer Department/ link Contact Number
City of Woodburn related questions:
Who is our City Administrator? Scott Derickson Administration 503-982-5228
How many City Councilors are there for the City? There are (6) City Councilors. Administration - City Council and the Mayor's office can be found on the Government page. 503-982-5228
Why is there a high water usage on the bill? There are two charges on a water bill; sewer and water. The sewer charge is calculated based on water used during the three winter months. The water charge is based on water used each month. If you notice a change the amount due, and have not changed usage, it perhaps could be a leak.


Water billing

LEAKS: In case of a leak in a customer's service line, please call the Water Department at (503)982-5380.

Why is there a charge for water when there was no usage during the month? There is a minimum charge for having water available. The amount of the sewer charge remains constant every month. The amount for water, to have it available, is approximately $13.


Water Billing

Vacation/trip that will be extended. Should the utilities be turned off until returning? Is there a savings cost? The best way to answer this question is to contact Finance  and have your account checked. Some utilities should remain on, especially in the winter.


Water Billing

Business Registration / Taxi Permit / Solicitors? What are the requirements? You can obtain a copy of Business Registration or Taxi Permit forms at City Hall. Finance 503-982-5222
There is a property or open lot in the City that has overgrown weeds/ grass/ abandoned property that is a real fire/ safety hazard. Who do I call about this? The City Code Enforcement Division responds to these types of complaints for violation of City Ordinances.

Police Department

Code Enforcement Please, do not call 911 unless there is a real emergency

Concern regarding child safety seats/restraints in a vehicle. Who can assist with this? Contact the Police Department and a National Child Passenger Safety certified technician/ officer can assist with this request.

Police Department

Call to make the request in advance.

Graffiti - Where is this reported?

Witnessing someone in the act, call 911 and report it immediately.

Otherwise, please call the Police Department.

Police Department


Planning a wedding/ birthday/ other event and want to have live music. What is the permitting process? Permits in residential areas are not granted. Areas such as a restaurant, park, or other establishment, permits of this type are processed by the Police Department. There is a $33 application fee.

Police Department

Sound Permit Application

Can I obtain a Police Report at the Police Department?

Yes. Contact the Police Department.

Police Department

Records Request Form

There is a "loose" dog in the neighborhood. Who can assist with this? City Ordinance only covers stray or "at loose" dogs.

Police Department

Code Enforcement Please, do not call 911 unless there is a real emergency

Which Court is at City Hall? Municipal Court is located at City Hall - 270 Montgomery Street, Woodburn, OR 97071

Municipal Court

Where is Justice Court?

4660 Portland Rd. NE, Suite 107
Salem, OR 97305

Marion County Justice Court 503-576-7200
Are Parks, Picnic Shelters and Sports Fields available for rent? Yes. Fee schedules and available fields along with permit forms are available on the website. Community Services - Parks 503-982-5264
Are Youth Sports available? There are a variety of sports available for boys, girls, small children and youth.

Community Services

Recreations and Parks

Are Pool Parties allowed at the Aquatic Center? Yes. The aquatic center can host a pool party on specific days and times.

Community Services

Aquatic Center

Who is allowed to check out books at the public Library?

Woodburn residents receive a card free of charge at the Circulation Desk. Additional details are available on the Library's website.

Community Services


There is a dead animal on a City street. The Public Works Department disposes of dead animals. Public Works - Streets 503-982-5240
There is a pothole on a City Street. Who takes care of that? The Public Works Department, Street Section makes annual repairs on City streets. Public Works - Streets 503-982-5240
What is the street sweeping schedule for City Streets? Public Works manages and oversees the street sweeping schedule.

Public Works

Street Sweeper Schedule Map

What are the sign rules for garage/yard sales? The sign ordinance specifies the type, size, location and duration of temporary signs.

Economic Development Services

Sign Ordinance Section 3.10.09

Outside Government Agencies, Organizations and Companies:
Burn Days  - What can be burned? Burn Days are specific to days and times for debris. There is also certain types of material that may not be burned. Department of Environmental Quality - Open Burning

Woodburn Burn Line


Street light(s) out on a City Street.

Tree/Branch Removal

Portland General Electric is responsible for their power poles and lines as well as removal of Trees and tree limbs.

Portland General Electric (PGE)

800-544-1795 Opt 3

800-544-1794 (tree)

Street light(s) out on a State Highway (I-5, OR 99E, Hwy 214) Department of Transportation has jurisdiction over the state highways. Oregon Department of Transportation 503-362-0457
There is wildlife in a private property. Who can assist with this? Wildlife Control operators may assist with the situation and have a list of independent contractors on their website.

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

South Willamette

800-720-ODFW (6339)
Where can someone get a marriage license? Marion County Licensing and Recording process marriage licenses.

Marion County's Clerk Office

Licensing and Recording

Dog License Permits Marion County Sheriff's Office handles licensing of dogs.

Marion County Sheriff's Office

Marion County Dog License Information

Notary Services Notary information is available through the Secretary of State's office.

Oregon Secretary of State