The City Attorney’s office represents and provides legal advice to the Mayor, City Council, Woodburn Planning Commission, and other boards, commissions and departments of the City. The department prepares ordinances and resolutions, gives advice regarding general municipal law issues, represents the City in litigation, and handles traffic and code violations in municipal court.
The department also handles legal matters related to implementation and application of land use regulations and provides services related to land sales, acquisitions, and leases.
The Attorney's Office is not permitted to represent private individuals. The following links may be of assistance to you:
- Consumer Complaints - Oregon Attorney General's Office
- Marion County District Attorney's Office
- Restraining Orders
- Oregon State Bar
- Marion County Circuit Court
- Oregon Revised Statutes - 2015 Edition
- Oregon Administrative Rules - The State Archives site contains full text of Oregon Administrative Rules, which are rules that amplify and explain Oregon Statutes
- Construction Contractors Board
- Better Business Bureau
- Secretary of State - Here you will find the Blue Book, Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR’S), and other information
- Oregon Judicial Department